4 Florida cities– Orlando, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale and Miami in top 10 ‘Best Places to Get Married’
With couples spending an average of $32,641 on their wedding, which often costs less during the first few months of the year, the personal-finance website WalletHub took an in-depth look at 2017’s Best Places to Get Married.
To help couples find the most wedding-friendly destinations, WalletHub’s analysts compared 150 of the biggest U.S. cities across 20 key indicators of cost-effectiveness, convenience and enjoyment. The data set ranges from “average wedding cost” to “venues and event spaces per capita” to “hotel availability.”
|Best Places to Get Married|
|1||Las Vegas, NV||11||St. Louis, MO|
|2||Orlando, FL||12||New Orleans, LA|
|3||Atlanta, GA||13||Springfield, MO|
|4||Tampa, FL||14||Boise, ID|
|5||Cincinnati, OH||15||Tucson, AZ|
|6||Scottsdale, AZ||16||Birmingham, AL|
|7||Salt Lake City, UT||17||Richmond, VA|
|8||Fort Lauderdale, FL||18||Austin, TX|
|9||Knoxville, TN||19||San Diego, CA|
|10||Miami, FL||20||Tempe, AZ|
Best vs. Worst
- El Paso, Texas, has the lowest average wedding cost, $15,514, which is 2.7 times lower than in New York, the city with the highest at $41,187.
- Orlando, Fla., has the most venues and event spaces per 100,000 residents, 61.15, which is 33.8 times more than in Cape Coral, Fla., the city with the fewest at 1.81.
- Washington has the most event planners per 100,000 residents, 96.14, which is 22.7 times more than in Stockton, Calif., the city with the fewest at 4.23.
- San Francisco has the most photographers per 100,000 residents, 171.51, which is 32 times more than in Newark, N.J., the city with the fewest at 5.36.
- Orlando, Fla., has the most bridal shops per 100,000 residents, 15.58, which is 43.3 times more than in Greensboro, N.C., the city with the fewest at 0.36.
- San Francisco has the most musicians per 100,000 residents, 18.44, which is 55.9 times more than in Anchorage, Alaska, the city with the fewest at 0.33.
- Orlando, Fla., has the most flower shops per 100,000 residents, 108.28, which is 33.6 times more than in Greensboro, N.C., the city with the fewest at 3.22.